Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Not sure what to expect now that my home is inaccessible at the moment. Nor would I want to go back just yet as there is no water or power. I just feel useless and helpless. I want to get back and get to work at UTMB and help everyone else out with their homes. What limbo I am in. There's a message in this, just need to decipher it. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Family is what you make it.

I found myself playing on the computer and viewing all the blogs my friends have, and I became a little sad about my miniscule existence. No husband or boyfriend or children to speak of, but then I thought who needs all of that to have a blog? Family is what you make it I learned. Blood is NOT thicker that water, and Jesus is my real parent. I may not be married, but I have a tremendous family. My children are my nephews Wyatt and Walker and my little Hannah (Brittney's girl) and little Avery (Michele's girl). I love them like my own. I have amazing girlfriends and my real family is great as well. So maybe my life isn't so miniscule. I may not get invited to the family events or couples night out, but I am not burdened by much and can do practically anything I want. Life isn't so bad afterall. Hee Hee.

Who am I?

At first I thought, "Who the heck am I?" That use to be an unanswered question for quite some time, but then it hit me...I am a terrific Aunt Roro. My nephews love me and my Hannah bear loves me too. They are so much to me, and that's great. An engineer I thought to be, but a remark from an old friend changed that forever. Now a physical therapist, I could never not work with patients. I don't make much of a difference everyday, but there are moments when I know I do, and that's all that matters.

The Boys (nephews)

The Boys (nephews)
Okay, so they're 7 now... Walker and Wyatt

A little older

Such big boys with their daddy

They'll always be my babies

Avery...a new ray of light to add to my life.

Avery...a new ray of light to add to my life.

Amazing girlfriends

Amazing girlfriends

More amazing girlfriends

More amazing girlfriends

My Bill

My Bill